A Pillow Book

I wanted a blog to reflect my life and, as with most people, I do and am many things, decided to create a Pillow Book. It will have thoughts, ideas, observations and little snippets of my day to day life. So, thank you Empress Consort Teishi....... I bow to you and your great work and hope, in some small way, mine might be great too.

Monday 12 September 2011

Grief is the price we pay for love.....



We each of us have a handful of days that live vividly in our minds eye, but mostly these are personal, times of birth, marriage, death or exceptional occurrences. But this day, ten years ago, we  can all recall exactly where we stood and how we felt as we watched the momentous events unfold before our very eyes.  In a moment the world changed. Ten years on the rawness has gone, a more reflective mood in its place but still a dreadful sadness that could be seen in the eyes of each family member who stood today by memorials  and with faltering voices uttered the  names of lost loved ones. Today will be etched in my mind as it was the day I took my son to university for the first time. I came home, stood in his room and cried because he was not there, but he will come home and my heart ached for mothers and fathers who have done the same  but in bedrooms of those who will never come home. Miles of words have been written in the past ten years but I couldn't let today go without putting some thoughts down. When faced with death the victims made calls and spoke of love, not money, position or possessions, just pure and simple love.  What we should take from this tragedy is  to daily remember that very thing and not wait for the clarity of imminent death to recall it. LOVE is free, gives greater pleasure and is worth more than anything else in the world, but don't be reckless with it, abuse it or leave in unattended, cherish it and delight in it. But most of all, most of all share it with a generosity of heart, you won't regret it......




i carry your heart with me (i carry it in
my heart) i am never without it (anywhere
i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling)
                                  i fear
no fate (for you are my fate, my sweet) i want
no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)

ee cummings



No comments:

Post a Comment