A Pillow Book

I wanted a blog to reflect my life and, as with most people, I do and am many things, decided to create a Pillow Book. It will have thoughts, ideas, observations and little snippets of my day to day life. So, thank you Empress Consort Teishi....... I bow to you and your great work and hope, in some small way, mine might be great too.

Monday 26 September 2011

Chilli Jam....

Tomatoes, chillies, ginger, garlic, ready to go....

Bubble away....

into the jar......but not for long....
 


Chilli Jam.....what can I say, once you have made it you will, I promise, make it again and again. Why, you may well ask? Because you will consume it in great quantities and give it away, and then have to  make it again. Mostly because there really is nothing it doesn't go with! Cheese? Yes! Fishcakes? Yes! Hamburgers? Most certainly! Stir fries..pasta sauce....sandwiches....Yes, yes YES! It is, I fear, slightly addictive...but good for you I am sure.... So easy to make....go on give it a go!

Chilli Jam
850g tomatoes
4 chillies (with seeds or without up to you)
6 garlic cloves
2 small knobs of ginger (no need to peel)
30ml Thai fish sauce
450g white granulated sugar
8 tablespoons red wine vinegar

Blend 400g tomatoes, chillies, garlic and ginger in a food processor with fish sauce.
Put in a saucepan with the sugar and vinegar.
Bring to a simmer.
Finely chop remaining tomatoes and add to the pan. Simmer gently for at least an hour or until jam like. Fill sterile jars and seal. Refrigerate once opened.

































No comments:

Post a Comment