Apple Butter5.5 llbs of apples peeled, cored and finely chopped
4 cups of white sugar
2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In a large bowl mix cinnamon, cloves, salt and sugar. Add apples and mix well.
2. Place apple mixture in the pot of a slow cooker, cover and cook on high for 1 hour.
3. Reduce to low and cook for 9-11 hours (overnight). Stirring occasionally until mixture is thickened and dark brown.
4. Blend with a hand blender until smooth.
5. Pot in sterile jars, seal. Keep cool and refrigerate once opened.
So thank you to the giver of apples..... a pot of Apple Butter is on its way x